2010年9月17日金曜日

Database in SL

I think 'DRACY Clues data box' is a database which I can easily handle in SL, if the data is not very huge.
I may not know the exact definition of database. But at least 'DRACY Clues data box' enables me to find necessary data by one click or simple input.
I have 779 data in it.
Data form is very simple. It is written in the notecard in the content of 'data box' and has only 2 fields now.

Example:
abide by@phrasal verb; (規則, 約束を)守る; to comply with; I'll ***** ** your decision. You must ***** ** your promise.

These data can be saved by using scripts depending on the kind of data.
The limit of the data number in one 'data box' depends on the length of one data.

'DRACY Clues data box' consists of one 'main box' (This should be root) and some 'data boxes'.
One with 9 data boxes worked very well.

When I linked more 9 data boxes to this, an error happened.
'DRACY Clues data box' failed to search one word.
However this error happened only once.
I tried the same operation some times, and this error didn't happen again.
Even after I added more 3 data boxes, 'DRACY Clues data box' worked well.

Of course I cannot perfectly rely on the result which 'DRACY Clues data box' returns.
But I think this is enough to create crossword puzzle games.
And I am sure this system will help me much when I save many kinds of data and try to make use of them in SL.

This method is used to show Japanese letters with the brainstorming tool, 'brainflowing'.
This function works very well.

*******************
brainflowing: created by Gloria Gomez Diago (gloriagdiagoGalicia avatar) and (Draceina Pinion avatar).
A device intended to facilitate brainstorming process in S.L., by taking advantage of the characteristics of this virtual environment.
By using it, participants can transfer the outcomes obtained to real life.
Among the other features, this tool allows brainstorm to encourage people to show their opinions freely by the function of anonymity.
*******************
from communication
Dracy's Virtual Shop

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿